Thursday 21 January 2010

Choose Your Vices Wisely

I'm a bit late with this update due to work getting in the way of my writing. But the eagle eyed among you may have spotted this weeks's result when it appeared on my Twitter updates over there <---- on Monday. For those who missed it, I lost 4lb, bringing me down to 18st 4lb. I'm delighted with that result and think I can attribute it to my 100% effort in the main. The Orlistat may have had a hand in the matter but I think only a small percentage because I don't think I'm giving it anything to work with. I'm certainly not experiencing any of the adverse scary side effects that I have seen reported on the internet, and any initial discomforts that I did have settled down quickly. So I shall plod along happily with the Orlistat and Slimming World working hand in hand. I have to say I am feeling lighter already!

When I was in the chemist collecting my prescription last week, I found myself waiting near the "New Years Resolutions" dislay, the one containing all the smoking cessation and diet products, and it came to my attention that it is cheaper to give up smoking than it is to lose weight if over the counter pharmaceuticals are your method of choice. Alli, the over the counter version of the Orlistat I am taking will cost you a hefty £32.95 for a 14 day supply but Nicotinell patches will only cost a measly £12.98 for the same timescale. And that cost is easily offset against the fact that you won't be buying cigarettes at, I believe, over a fiver a pack. AND the Alli purchaser not only still has to buy food, but if all goes to plan, new clothes as well!

So my lesson for the day children is this: if you must develop a bad habit, make it one that is cheap to give up. Put those crisps down and have a cigarette instead.

Only kidding. Honest!

6 comments:

Jaframity said...

LMAO!

Glad it's going well for you. My own experience of orlistat - xenical it was then, many years ago, wasn't too pleasant, but it certainly made you focus on eating fat free!

Nearly there Claire said...

Ha ha, love it!
Well done on a superb weight loss.
C. x

ADDY said...

well done on the weight loss

Kattie said...

Congrats on the weight loss :) It's funny that you mention Alli.I was in grocery store a few days ago and I was curious to see how much the diet pills were. I saw Alli and I was thinking that it was very expensive as well. I think if it was around 15 dollars I would have bought it on the spot. It should be a lot cheaper than 35 dollars.

Jill Knapp said...

You are doing great!! Loved this post!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

How are you doing?

- lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/