Friday 21 May 2010

Once Upon A Time....there was a woman who seemed at first so very successful at following her healthy eating plan, and lost lots and lots of weight. And then she began to struggle, and bit by bit her victories began to slip away. Pound by pound, inch by inch the fat returned. For a long time this woman battled to regain control, and sometimes it seemed as though she might win! But then in the depths of a freezing winter the war was lost. She stopped turning up to her Slimming World class, stopped taking the Orlistat her GP had prescribed, stopped cooking delicious healthy meals from scratch, turning instead to convenience food, instant comfort. And the longer she allowed this to go on, the harder it became to return. At first she felt horribly guilty each Monday evening, knowing that she should have been at her class, being weighed, being inspired, offering and receiving support from other people in the same boat. But eventually the guilt began to fade, leaving nothing more than a slight sense of failure...

If you have come to read about gloriously successful weight loss, you may have landed in the wrong place. But if you are happy to read about someone who is prepared to get up, dust herself down and start all over again, I'm your woman!

Last night I took a deep breath and walked back into Slimming World. Stepping back on the scales was terrifying, but also somehow a relief. It was as bad as I expected, but no worse. I weighed in at 20st 2.5lbs. A weight I never wanted to see again. But the only way to stop myself going all the way back to my highest weight is to stop it now, and that is what I am doing. I haven't got any other goal in mind than "getting back in control". Once I feel as though I am in control I will consider goals.

So my target for this week is to lose anything at all that I can, and I will do this by following the Plan 100%. No pills, no gimmicks, no shortcuts. It's all about the food.

Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Wendy, it is good to see that you have returned. It must have taken SO much courage to go back to class and I'm really proud of you. Hope you get on well this week and go back next week!!!

ADDY said...

Good luck. Hopefully this spell of hot weather will inspire you to eat healthy crunchy salads that will fill you up but not pile on the pounds. The heat will make you want to drink and sweat more too! Good luck for the next weigh-in.

Gwilli said...

Good luck Wendy you can do it :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck Wendy - I kept waiting for a new post to show on my google reader, wondering how you were getting on :-)

Looking forward to being with you, cheering you on as you get back into the swing of things (hug)

Anonymous said...

Well done Wendy - and very best of luck struthie xxx

@Fat4Now said...

wb
good luck
x

S said...

I could have written this post myself. Maybe it is time for me to get back at it too. Thanks for the kick up the bum.

Wendy said...

Thanks for still being here for me, I didn't expect comments after all this time! Knowing you are all still here helps, genuinely xxxx

Anonymous said...

Well done for going back to class. I've been missing your blog, I know you can do this

Sebbie

Anonymous said...

You're my woman any day of the week Wendy!. Gentle, hopeful, inspirational and successful.
Wife, mum, nurse, dog walker, the real deal and you deserve to feel as brilliant as you are. Welcome home.

Heather x

Nearly there Claire said...

Welcome back Hun!
As always you fill me full of inspiration and will power.
Good luck and enjoy, it's good to be back! xxx